Easton, PA – July 8, 2016 – Residents from the Easton Hospital Medical and Surgical Residency Programs graduated in June.
Drs. Shaunda Grisby, Aniket K. Sakharpe and Dr. Jakub Wilhelm graduated from the General Surgery Residency Training Program and will move into fellowship programs to advance their training.
- Dr. Shaunda K. Grisby will be joining William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, as a Breast Surgery Fellow.
- Dr. Aniket K. Sakharpe will be joining the Cleveland Clinic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, as a Plastic Surgery Fellow.
- Dr. B. Jakub Wilhelm will be joining the University of California-San Diego, California, as a Cardiothoracic fellow.
Graduating residents are seated, surrounded by other residents, active medical staff and retired medical staff from Easton Hospital
As part of their ceremony, residents and medical staff were recognized with awards.
- Dr. B. Jakub Wilhelm, Golden Apple Teaching Award by the 2016 Drexel University School of Medicine 3rd Year Medical Students
- Dr. Aniket K. Sakharpe, Resident Teaching Award (chosen by the 3rd Yr Drexel Surgical Students)
- George S. Ibrahim, Faculty Teacher of the Year Dr.
- Robert S. Bloch, Faculty Recognition Award (chosen by the 3rd Yr Drexel Surgical Students)
- Dr. Aniket K. Sakharpe, Resident Laparoscopic Achievement Award
- Dr. Abdul S. Badr, Lee S. Serfass Award (Best Resident Grand Rounds)
- Dr. Aniket K. Sakharpe, Best ABSITE Award
- Dr. Shaunda Grisby and Dr. Jae Hee Cho, Ruth Worman Professionalism Award
- Dr. Aniket Sakharpe and Dr. Jakub Wilhelm, Program Director’s Award
Drs. Archana Kodali, Ayesha Khan, ZarChi Win, Myriam Vela-Ortiz, Paragkumar Patel, Mohammad Umar Farooq, Antony Verghese and Varad Vyas graduated from the Internal Medicine Annual Resident Program and have moved into fellowship programs and practice.
Internal Medicine graduates in the photo from L-R are: Drs. Archana Kodali, Ayesha Khan, ZarChi Win, Myriam Vela-Ortiz, Paragkumar Patel, Mohammad Umar Farooq, Antony Verghese and Varad Vyas
- Mohammad Farooq, M.D. will be practicing Inpatient Medicine with a Hospitalist Group in Lebanon, PA.
- Ayesha Khan, M.D. will be practicing Inpatient Medicine with a Hospitalist Group in Coatesville, PA
- Archana Kodali, M.D. will be joining the Cardiovascular Fellowship Program, Wright State University in Kettering, OH.
- Paragkumar Patel, M.D. will be practicing Inpatient Medicine with a Hospitalist Group in Oklahoma City, OK
- Myriam Vela-Ortiz, M.D. will be joining the Drexel University Nephrology Fellowship Program in Philadelphia, PA.
- Varad Vyas, M.D. will be practicing InPatient Medicine with a Hospitalist Group in Ridgewood, NJ.
- Antony Verghese, M.D. will be practicing in an Outpatient Practice in Urbana-Champaign, Ill.
- Zar Chi Win, M.D. will be practicing Inpatient Medicine with a Hospitalist Group in Long Island, NY.
They also recognized residents and faculty with awards.
- Dominick J. Raso Memorial Award (PGY-1) - Dr. Andreea Davis
- Sanjiv Mangi Award (PGY-2) – Dr. Sunny Petigara
- Jacob Kincov Award –(PGY-3) – Dr. Paragkumar Patel
- David Spodick Research Award – Dr. Mohammad Umar Farooq
- Medical Student Commendation Awards – Drs. Myriam Vela-Ortiz, Dr. Brianna daSilva and Dr. Jonathan Figg
- Outstanding Research Presentation Recognition at 2016 Regional and National Forums – Drs. Brianna DaSilva, Mohammad Umar Farooq, Bhaskar Ganguly, Raafia Memon and Sunny Petigara
- 2016 Updegrove Research Prize Recipients - Dr. Sunny Petigara – 3rd Place, and Dr. Brianna daSilva – Best Internal Medicine Poster
- Drexel University “The Dean’s Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching” - Dr. Stanley Walker
- Faculty Research Awards – Drs. Richard Snyder and Koroush Khalighi
- Faculty Mentor of the Year – Dr. Om Sharma
- Subspecialties of Internal Medicine Teacher of the Year Award – Dr. Divakar Sharma (Critical Care Medicine)
- General Internal Medicine InPatient Teacher of the Year – Dr. Jekaterina Tretyakov
- General Internal Medicine Primary Care Teacher of the Year – Dr. Susannah Stair
- Dr. Robert Pursell was also acknowledged as an Easton Hospital Graduate who will soon retire from his Nephrology practice.